Adding two more to the list this January.
- Last-minute tax-saving investments.
- Return-guarantee funds — no matter how attractively packaged and/or presented.
- Unit Linked Insurance — of any kind — Policies (ULIPs).
- Financial products/services/agents/institutions which/who offer you â€œexclusive,â€ â€œprivilege,â€ â€œpriority,â€ â€œpremium,â€ â€œpremier,â€ or â€œanother-similar-word,â€ access to some [usually useless] service.
- Insurance agents who offer “commission kickbacks.”
- Financial products/services/agents/institutions which/who offer to help you mimic Warren Buffett’s style of investing.
It really is in your best interests to run away when you’re face-to-face with any of these.
How many of these have you run away from so far?