Reader Pavan asks,
Can you put some information on various health insurance schemes and which one is relatively best?
To beging with, the idea for having an “independent health insurance cover” was conceived during a discussion I had with a close relative. This relative was also the one who told me about Star Health and Allied Insurance, an exclusive health insurance company.
I did research and speak to other health insurance providers, but here’s why I chose Star Health and Allied Insurance:
- Following my request to be contacted, a branch manager got in touch, came down to my residence, and spent a significant amount of time explaining various policies and options. Another health insurance company I spoke to mentioned that they do not have such options — everything’s online and faceless.
- The branch manager did not behave like a fanatic salesman desperately trying to meet his targets. He acted more like an adviser, giving us information and sharing his thoughts, but allowing us to make the decisions — and that’s how insurance should be sold. The other insurance company I spoke to wanted me to check everything online and use my credit card online then and there! I almost said, “WTF mate?”
- My mother is a senior citizen and she did not have an existing health insurance cover. Star Health offers a great policy tailored to senior citizens. This was a BIG factor in my decision. I didn’t like the policies offered by other health insurers.
- Star Health has a good network of hospitals, some of which are located quite close to my residence. But this is generally true of most health insurance providers.
All said and done, I chose Star Health and Allied Insurance for my independent health insurance policy needs simply because they were willing to interact and connect as humans.
Pavan, I hope this article proves useful to you.
Which specific product you chose from Star Health?
Star Health Insurance, India’s first exclusive health insurance company. We specialise in Mediclaim, Overseas Mediclaim and Personal Accident.
Promoting Health, Protecting Health. 24 hour helpline. Cashless hospitalisation facility. Free general physician advice. Unlimited free out patient consultation for a small premium.No medical examination up to 50 years. Medical examination cost borne by the company. Faster disbursement of claims. No TPA. Large network. Mediclaim from 5 months to 70 years of age. Family floatter available.Lowest premium.etc.
Medi Classic Insurance: Individual Health Insurance with low PREMIUM – Pre-Hospitalization & Post-Hospitalization – Eligibility: Any persons aged between 5 months and 80 years, residing in India, can take this insurance.
True Value Health Insurance: Hospitalisation Cover: This would cover the insured person for in-patient hospitalisation expenses provided the insured person is hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours.
â€¢ Any person aged between 5 months and 55 (age at entry) years can take this insurance.
Medi Premier Insurance: The policy has two sections. While Section I offers protection against unexpected health care requirements, the second section ensures a lump sum payment of 50% of the sum insured when certain health disorders are diagnosed. Specified Major Illnessess
* Renal Failure.
Eligibility: Any person aged between 26 years and 75 years can take this insurance.
Coverage Offered for Specific Conditions
1. Eyes: Diabetic Retinopathy requiring laser treatment
2. Kidneys: Diabetic Nephropathy leading to chronic renal failure
3. Feet: Diabetic foot ulcer requiring micro-vascular surgical correction
The policy covers the cost of treatment up to the limit provided
* Any person between 26 years and 65 years of age who is diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type II can take this insurance
* This limit of 65 years is applicable only for initial entry in to the scheme. Renewals will be accepted up to 70 years
Family Health Optima:
* Single Sum Insured
* Coverage for entire family
* Single Premium
* Considerable saving in premium as the family is covered under one policy
* Proposer, spouse, dependent children upto 25 years those who are economically dependent on their parents.
* Any person aged between 5 months and 60 years residing in India can take this insurance.
Senior Citizen Red Carpet:
Major product features
* For people aged between 60 and 69 years
* Guaranteed renewals beyond 69 years
* No pre-insurance medical test required
* Treatment at network hospitals only
* All pre-existing diseases are covered from first year,except those for which treatment or advice was recommended by or received during the immediately preceding 12 months from the date of proposal
* Disease for which treatment or advice was recommended by or received during the immediately preceding 12 months from the date of proposal will be covered from second year onwards
“Hi! Thanks for your informative article regarding insurance. It helped me a lot in my queries about health inusrnace. Have been searching for tutorials on how to plan for insurance according to my budget and needs, especially health insurance .. This tool came in handy too! Enjoy :)
Thanks for the taking care of my query..I am sure it would help a lot of people.
Welcome to Star Health Insurance, India’s first exclusive health insurance company, Promoting Health, Protecting Health. 24 hour helpline. Cashless hospitalisation facility. Free general physician advice. Unlimited free out patient consultation for a small premium. No medical examination up to 50 years.
India’s first Exclusive Health Insurance Company
Doctor on call & 24×7 Helpline
More than 140 Branches in India
Large Hospital Network of more than 4600 Hospitals
Cashless Hospitalization Facility
Fast & Efficient Settlement of Claims
Medi Classic – Star Health – Individual Health Insurance policy that aims to provide reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses incurred as a result of illness/disease/sickness and/or accidental injuries.
Diabetes – Star Health and Allied Insurance presents a policy that helps those affected by Diabetes Mellitus Type II and offers insurance protection for treating most commonly occurring complications.
Family Health Optima – A Super Saver Policy – Single Sum Insured, Coverage for entire family, Single Premium, Considerable saving in premium as the family is covered under one policy.
Senior Citizen Red Carpet – STAR Health is proud to introduce India’s first health insurance policy aimed specifically at senior citizens.It provides cover for anyone over the age of 60 and permits entry right up to the age of 69 with continuing cover after that. No pre-insurance medical test required .
Star health Super Surplus – Wide coverage option of Rs. 7 lakh and Rs. 10 lakh2
Star Gain Insurance – Flat amount of Rs 14,725 only irrespective of the sum insured or age of the persons or number of persons covered.
Star Criticare Plus – This policy offers cover to the Insured Person under two sections. Both regular hospitalization benefits and Major Diseases benefits are available under one policy. [100% Lump Sum Payment for Critical illness in additional to Hospitalistiono exp, First Diagnosis of Cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, Hepatoma, Brain Tumour, Undergoing first time – Major Organ Transplant, Occurrence for the first time of the Cerebro-Vascular Stroke causing Hemiplegia, Acute Myocardial Infarction resulting in Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction of < 25%, irreversible Coma, irreversible Paraplegia, irreversible Quadriplegia]
Marketing – Sales Manager Contact.: 99946 12916, 93628 54443, 93631 18365, or mail to. email@example.com
wanted health insurance agents having irda license
Hi, I am SM of Star Health Insurance. We need Health Insurance Agents for Star Health Insurance. We will Provide 15% commission to agents.The Person should have IRDA license. Those who are interested please contact me : 9247799830