On the way to office, encountered the following obstacles on Intermediate Ring Road:
- At the National Games Village signal, there’s a glorious and empty Intermediate Ring Road in front of me. The signal goes green. I am stuck behind a two-wheeler that fails to start. The glorious and empty Intermediate Ring Road disappears.
- 100 metres into IRR (Intermediate Ring Road; not to be confused with Internal Rate of Return), encounter a stubborn auto-rickshaw hugging the centre strip. Make a manoeuvre that would have left Michael Schumacher a nervous wreck, but one that wouldn’t have ruffled The Notary a bit. (Anoop, I am expecting a comment from you.)
- Half-way through IRR, encounter a Maruti Omni sleep-walking on the right lane. I doubt if they would drive any different on the Autobahn.
- At the final curve, encounter a motorbike sleep-walking on the right lane. This is the worst nightmare for a car driver.
- On the final stretch just before the Airport Road flyover, encounter a cycle whose rider decided to hop across from the other side of the median.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is a typical day on Intermediate Ring Road.