Has Anyone Actually Seen Their EPF ePassbook?

by Vinaya HS on December 28, 2012

Again, having read all the wonderful PR about the Employee Provident Fund Organization’s (EPFO) wonderful ePassbook Service, I thought I should download mine before the year ends.

But, I think I am quite unlucky this December. First, I couldn’t make an iWish and now I’m unable to access my EPF ePassbook. Here’s the exact error that I see –

Your request date. 11/09/2012 for e-Passbook for account number ABMNO00123450000000123 (a dummy account number and not my real one) is under process. You shall be intimated on SMS when the same is available.

Another project terminated. It’s almost two months and I haven’t received that SMS.

Leads me to ask the following –

• Has anyone of you actually seen your EPF ePassbook? I’d love to know.

• The folks who write those wonderful personal finance articles in the media, do they actually sit down and actually try what they’re writing about?

What do you think?

Debashish December 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hey Vinay ,

I have recieved the EPF e-passbook for me .
I have requested for it in Aug 2012 , and received it in around 1 week time.

Amar December 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Vinay,

I received my EPF passbook
i was able to access it couple of weeks later only upon receipt of sms
they sent me a sms contaning ” your passbook is now available on portal you can access the same”

it contains all transactions month wise

Ravi Vooda December 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Yes, Vinay I have downloaded the pass book just a week back. Got the SMS after 3 days since applied. May be you have to apply again. you know goverment sites :)

One thing to notice in passbook is that manual transactions like companies manual deposite to our PF account and PF transfers are still not shown. Initially I was worried after I looked into passbook later when I enquired I came to know about this.

Siva September 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Yes Ravi, I had registered for epassbook around 10 months ago and got the epassbook yesterday. Still it does not show the details of the PF transfers happened over this period. It only shows the PF deposits by my present employer.. I am told that PF dept has to upgrade the software to show the details of the PF transfer. Is this the case with you now also?? Are you able to see the PF transfer details in the epassbook?

deepesh December 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

hi ,
i have received the passbook whithin two months of same request, try login in and request the same, you may get success to get access to you epf passbook.

cheers

RK December 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Yes, I received my e passbook

Bhaskar December 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Hi Vinay,

You should also ask the PF office location from the readers.
Mine is also pending with the Bangalore office, I requested one as soon as I got to know
about this.

krish December 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Hey Vinay,

After reading your post, just went and registered. Upon requesting for e-passbook, got the following message:

“Sorry. Your e-Passook is not available at present on the member portal.
The same needs to be generated by the Regional Office/ Sub-Regional Office concerned. You can request for your e-passbook by clicking the button below. ”

After clicking for request, got this message:

“Your e-Passbook request has been accepted. You shall be intimated on SMS when the same is available. You can check back after 3 days.”

Will wait and see what happens after 3 days! :-)

Vinaya HS January 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

@krish –

Any luck?

Vinaya H S December 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Thanks everyone for your super quick responses.

I’ll try and re-register myself (if it allows for such a thing!) and see what happens. Will update this space.

Rakesh December 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM

No luck for me either. I am waiting since August…

Amiya January 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I got the SMS that my passbook is available, but when i am loging in there is nothing available. Can anyone tell me under which menu it will be available.

Ashwin January 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I got the same “message” when i tried initially. However, i got an SMS yesterday (after a week of my initial request) which said that my e-Passbook is available for download. So, i went to the website, logged in, entered the PF a/c #, mobile# etc “again”. Got the PIN, which i entered and got my PF passbook!

Amiya January 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Thanks Ashwin.

I added my current and previous PF. I reneterd the prev PF and got the PIN and then got the PF book. But it says
Passbook cannot be generated
Reason: In-operative member
Contact:EPFO Office

Ashwin January 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

As per the FAQ, Passbooks will not be available In-operative accounts (Account lying dormant for >36months, i guess). See here – http://members.epfoservices.in/faq.php

24. PB 13: A MEMBER HAS AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT BUT SOME OF THE EARLIER ACCOUNTS HAVE BECOME INOPERATIVE. HOW CAN HE/SHE GET THE DETAILS OF SUCH ACCOUNTS THROUGH THE PORTAL?
E PASS BOOK OF INOPERATIVE ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED. HOWEVER THE MEMBER SHOULD APPLY IN FORM 13 TO GET THE EARLIER ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED TO THE ACTIVE ACCOUNT. IN SUCH CASE THE DETAILS OF THE AMOUNT WILL APPEAR IN THE PASS BOOK OF THE ACTIVE ACCOUNT.

Vinaya HS January 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

@Ashwin –

Thanks for helping out. :-) Much appreciated.

ThumsUp January 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I think the response depends on the PF office location. Bangalore is the slowest. I have applied for the e-passbook the very next day after this initiative was launched (26/07/2012). 6 months later and I am still waiting for the SMS to arrive saying that my e-passbook is now available.

Helal January 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I have applied since 7th jan 2012. Lets see if it works. my account is with KDMAL (Kandivali, Mumbai office).

ThumsUp January 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

After 6 months of inaction on my e-passbook, I tried the Grievance Management System (http://epfigms.gov.in/).

This is the response I received from my EPFO office, Bangalore.

Member pass book uploaded on 19-12-2012 and also on 01-01-2013. Please approach your employer to get it under employer E-sewa or sent a fresh request under member portal.

Now, how does one submit a ‘fresh request’ under member portal ??? There is no such option !

UDAYA BHANU MATIA February 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

When i came to know that we can download our e-passbook , suddenly i tried but i have not received any message that your passbook is available.

Shirdi Santhosh February 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I have done this and received it 2 months ago. However when I try now again, I’m still getting the old data as of last 2 months. In the FAQs it is said that you can generate this every month to see the latest balance details, but it still shows 2 months old data. Did any one tried generating it again and got the updated balance info?

Shankar February 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hi All ,

I have got my e-passbook . But there is no entry for interest in 2012 and 2011 interest is showing a very less amount (much leser than 9.5% or 8.25%) . Have any of you faced such a problem. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best Regards,
Shankar.

Shyam Sridhar March 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I have registered but not received any PIN. It says still not uploaded. Need to wait. How will I know whether it is active or inactive?

swaminathan April 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM

same problem with me. I’ve registered nearly 2 mo. back, but yet to receive an sms alert. when u go to this grievance site http://epfigms.gov.in/ it takes so long to load a page and that too with error (can see in the left hand top). so it makes clear that u can’t even register a grievance.

Letitia June 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Works perfectly fine for me. Tried for both my accounts in HYD, and BLR. I was able to download the passbook by entering the PIN.