Thanks for visiting Capital Advisor. I frequently update this blog to cover various topics on personal finance such as investment strategies, financial products that you should buy and ones that you really should stay away from, financial calculators, emerging themes such as early retirement and financial independence, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.
- Overall expenses down 10.80% compared to June, 2007 and continues a declining trend (see figure titled “Expenses: 7-month Trend”).
- July, 2007 was the first month where I tried adhering to a budget. The overall result is quite positive: I spent 4.09% less than my estimated budget. I think that’s one small step in the right direction. Individual budget items went haywire though. Something to think about this month.
- EMIs continue to be a pain in the neck. If God were to grant me one wish, I would wish for an EMI-free life.
- For August, 2007, I am sticking with the same total budget but with different allocations to individual expense items.
- I am still not comfortable providing absolute values. I’ll stick with the percentages for now.
Thanks for reading this article. I'd love to hear your opinion. Please use the comments section below to share your thoughts. I frequently write new articles that also cover several other aspects of personal finance including credit cards, financial goals, health insurance, income tax, life insurance, mutual funds, retirement planning, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.