Thanks for visiting Capital Advisor. I frequently update this blog to cover various topics on personal finance such as investment strategies, financial products that you should buy and ones that you really should stay away from, financial calculators, emerging themes such as early retirement and financial independence, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.
There’s a new VLCC flyer that’s doing the rounds with the morning newspaper. Let me know if the following messages printed on the flyer inspire you to sign up. My comments are in parentheses.
- The only place where LOSERS win! (Spot on!)
- VLCC keeps you stunning at 20 and gorgeous at 40. (And in between?)
- Lose Now. Pay Later. (How ironic! Hidden message?)
- Lose up to 5 kgs @ Rs. 4500/- (The stakes are up. It’s now 900 bucks a kilo. Previous analysis here, here, and here.)
- Get rid of Unwanted Body Hair with our Latest Technology. Laser Hair Removal performed by experienced doctors. Suitable for all Indian & Asian skin types. (Bad luck if you are a Westerner.) No Scars. No Marks.
Heights of lending: This letter from ICICI Bank.
Holiday this May and pay back by May 2008, or May 2009, or May 2010, or May 2011.
Dear Mr. Vinaya,
Holiday in exotic locales with your entire family and pay back in easy installments. That’s right, Mr. Vinaya, we have pre-approved a loan on your ICICI Bank Credit Card of up to Rs. 455,040. Blah blah blah. Here’s the best part. You can get this amount within 72 hours (if you have an ICICI Bank Account) or within 5 working days by Demand Draft. Blah blah blah.
My thoughts: One heavenly holiday followed by 4 years of hell. The wise guy who schemed this up must be out of his mind.
Thanks for reading this article. I'd love to hear your opinion. Please use the comments section below to share your thoughts. I frequently write new articles that also cover several other aspects of personal finance including credit cards, financial goals, health insurance, income tax, life insurance, mutual funds, retirement planning, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.