Thanks for visiting Capital Advisor. I frequently update this blog to cover various topics on personal finance such as investment strategies, financial products that you should buy and ones that you really should stay away from, financial calculators, emerging themes such as early retirement and financial independence, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.
Here’s a quick list of why nots.
- The signal strength and quality are simply too poor to have any meaningful conversation. On numerous occasions, the cellphone display suggests that the signal strength is excellent but you are either having a one-way conversation or the call simply gets dropped.
- I haven’t been able to send a single SMS so far. The BSNL help-desk always gives me the same message centre number – it never works.
- Although I received the SIM deposit-free (being a broadband customer), BSNL has undocumented ways of recovering an equivalent amount of money. In the first bill I was shocked to see that they collect one month’s deposit in advance. In April I am actually paying the rental for May as well.
- A call to the help-desk confirmed the above behavior. The quality of the help-desk is several notches below when compared to AirTel’s or Hutch’s help-desk.
- Roaming is a nightmare. Call quality is almost non-existent.
BSNL’s CellOne service sucks.
Having tried all the GSM service providers, I have come to the conclusion that AirTel offers the best service in Karnataka. I am switching over to AirTel again.
Thanks for reading this article. I'd love to hear your opinion. Please use the comments section below to share your thoughts. I frequently write new articles that also cover several other aspects of personal finance including credit cards, financial goals, health insurance, income tax, life insurance, mutual funds, retirement planning, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.