The Kids at Baba Amte’s Anandvan

by Vinaya HS on December 30, 2006

in The SP Jain Blog,Travel

A commendable achievement by Baba Amte at Anandvan is the establishment of special schools for deaf, dumb, and blind children. These kids are indeed special. They have learnt to accept their disabilities, but do not let that fact hinder their creativity and capability. They are happy and content in their little world at Anandvan. They do not get to see many outsiders and so an outsider visit such as ours is greeted with big smiles and a warm heart. It’s really a touching scene.

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

Here is one creative guy. His real talent at sketching is featured below. He had a book full of sketches – KR Narayanan, Swami Vivekananda, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Lokamanya Tilak, Subash Chandra Bose, Gauthama Buddha et al. Fascinating!

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

A sketch of India’s President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. If only Dr. Kalam could have a look…

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

And not to be left behind, our shirtless hero Salman Khan.

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

They taught us the basics of Braille and made it sound so simple! English and Mathematics – these kids quickly do it in Braille.

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

And to think we complain about our textbooks.

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

Saying Adios.

The Kids at Baba Amte's Anandvan

Yogita Dalvi January 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Dear Sir,

i wish to remit donation amount for baba amte’s Asram(lep).
Will you please let me know in whose name may I remit the DD and where to address.

Yogita B. Dalvi

Punam Raut January 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hi!! Baba Amte is my inspiration whenever I am become nervous or give up by failures. I eagerly want to visit Anandwan : Forest Of Joy. Yesss this is my new year resolution & I am coming…

Avinash Gajanan Lalge January 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I heard lot of about Shri Baba Amte since my childhood. I am a married man having two childrens. I have worked as a social worker in a charitable organisation for five years. I really want to do spent few days in Anandvan & want to contribute physically as well as financially as it is possible for me. How can I do this. Will you please guide me.

Avinash Gajanan Lalge

Dr. Cajetan Coelho February 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM

A couple of days ago we observed the 2nd death anniversary of the passing away of our beloved Baba Amte. Admirers and well wishers from far and near, school and college going youth, faculty members, hospital staff, young and senior citizens of MSS communes gathered at the Samadhi for a short inter-faith memorial prayer service. Throughout the day visitors kept coming to Anandwan and heading straight to the Shraddhavan.

Blind artists from Sandhiniketan sang devotional and patriotic songs that touched the hearts of one and all and brought back nostalgic memories of the life and times when the immensely kind hearted Baba Amte went about conscientizing and sensitizing Society through his struggle for justice, equality, empowerment and human rights.

SwarAnandwan maestro Akash Bhaisare led the singing and was assisted by Bandu Telang on the Tabla and Ganesh Kambli with the harmonium. Sharda Dhumane, Achal, Sandhya, Snehal, Savita, Sarika and the compact choir made up of differently-abled youngsters sang bhajans and patriotic songs some penned by Sane Guruji and Baba Amte himself. Jagame Sachho Tera Naam, Ragapathi Ragav, Vaishnavo Janato, Itni Shakti, Khara to ekachi Dharm-Jagala prem arpave, Dekha mandir-chitt mandir, Shankala, Manus mhaze nau, Jodo Bharat and Shivo Hum- Shivo Hum-Shivo Swarup Hum created an atmosphere of prayer and thanksgiving. The Almighty Giver of Life was being profusely thanked for giving Baba Amte as gift to Society.

Uttarayan veterans Pushpa Tai, Yashodabai Nikane, Laximibai, Sumanbai and Dixit Maushi despite physical limitations took part in the 45 minutes memorial liturgy.
Loyalists Madhubhai Pandit, Dagdu Lomte, Chanda Athle and many others had come from far.

Sadhnatai Amte led the services by sprinkling flower petals on the tomb of her life partner. Bharati Amte, Kaustubh and Pallavi, Medical Superintendent Dr. V.G.Pole, Kavishwar, Prabhu Kaka, Sarpanch Ashok Bolgundewar and many of the Anandwan HoD’s with their respective staff members filled the well looked after resting place of the late Baba Amte.

The dynamic and evergreen Kadu Guruji made a few welcoming remarks at the start and Sandhiniketan Dean Sadashiv Tajane encouraged the gathering to get back to their different Centres of Excellence, reminding all that for the late Baba Amte “Work was Worship”. Anandwan citizens on tricycles, wheel chairs, crutches and walking sticks were seen energetically returning to their respective production centres with determination, pride and zeal written all over their faces. The distinguished and inspiring citizens of our country over here continue to play a positive part in our nation-building enterprise.

Sonali Basarkar March 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I’ll join Shramsanskar camp at Hemalcasa on 15 May 2010.
I am very happy that I have got such a great opportunity to do some social work their.

Tukaream Bole March 27, 2010 at 4:28 AM

I am a seed company employee . My job is to produce the seeds for indian farmers .I will be very happy if I could get the appourtunity to work with leprosy peoples & benefit to the Anandvan. I heared that the leprosy petients are working in the fields and producing the vegetables & fruits there in Anandvan farm. Pl let me know to whom I may contact in this respect.

Tukaram Bole
Cell #+919623453685

swathi March 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM

HI will u plz send me thedetails of baba amte’s anandwan address and contact numbers.

pooja April 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM

i have first time visited this site & happy to see the response ,willigness of the people to work for a social cause.definitely commendable work,selfless attitude of AMTE family is just awesome.i am inspired by the articles of prakash amte in SAKAL .& one day definitely will work for anandwan.good luck for ur work

Dr. shafi R. Mulla April 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I am a school teacher teaching in a residential school .I want to share my experiments and experiences. I want to plan a eight day visit to Anandwan and Hemalkasa through my own alto car, with my wife and two daughters in Diwali vacation. Also I want to make a presentation for my students and school. I would be very happy if some one guides me in planning my visit from pune. I am sure that my belief in God and humanity will become strong after interacting them.

Sanghmitra A Padelkar April 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Dear Sir,
Dr. Vikas Amte
Mala anadvan yethe yevun garju lokanchi madad karayla avdel mala kayamche rahayal avdel maazya kade donation karayla evadhe Piasa naahi aahet pan me tithe yevun naki madad karu shakte. me shalet astan akada andavanla ale hote Baba amtechi book vachle
mazi mana pasunchi ichha aahe . majhi tethe rhanachi , kamachi soy hot asel tar tase kalvave me aahe sadhay akaa office madhy nokari karte . computr konaledge aahe . Tethil mulaana computer shiku shakthe. kontehi kam karen. Jar maazyakadun ashi kaahi madat apekshit asel tar mala nakki contact kara. Me vaat paahin aaplya uttarachi

Anonymous June 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM

lokbiradari ha atyant sundar prakalp ahe.
prakash amte yanni adivasyansathi ha prakalp ubha kela ahe.
te adivasyansathi vardan tharle ahet. mi adhi fakt prakalpache nao aikale hote, pan jenva prakalp pahila tenva prakalpachi olakh patali.

Randel Lopes June 18, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I have read Baba Baba Amte’s autobiography by Dr. B. G. Bapat. Extremely inspiring and very efficiently written book with all the major aspects of life of Baba Amte covered. It depicts a sense of pride and inspires me to do something out of the way in Life by conquering new heights. Spirituality and socialism and the two sides of the same coins which this book helped me to nuture them in me. The most striking quote which appeals and applies to me is ” Shikhar gathalyavar tehe thambaiche nahi, ani naveen shikhare dhundalayche hai brid hote. Karan shikharvar thambne mahanje patancha prarambha”

jaya September 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM

please send me address of anandwan baba amate ashram.
I want to visit there.

RAJASHEKHAR KORI October 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I am very much impressed by the photos of Amte as well as Anandwana. It helps me a lot to get a clear picture of life of amte and the people in anandwana.

rutuja October 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM

i am very impressed by read the baba amte’s book. i will join the Aanandvan.

Dr. Cajetan Coelho October 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM

The evening of October 7 was a memorable one for culture lovers of Nagpur. Enthusiastic city dwellers were treated to some top class performances where budding talent, music, mimicry and song, stole the hearts of the large and appreciative audience.

From 8.00 PM onwards, Warora’s SwarAnandwan went into full gear entertaining a large gathering that had assembled at the spacious Open Air Pandav Engineering College lawns on the Umred Road at the Tigori Naka on the outskirts of the Orange City.

SwarAnandwan’s 875th live-performance was very much appreciated by one and all. The multi-talented inhabitants of Anandwan, Somnath, Hemelkasa, Ashokwan, Nagepalli, Jhari, Khambada, Salori and Mazal Prakalps are leaving no stone unturned to make their contribution in our nation-building enterprise.

ghorpade ramesh October 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM

we were eager to visit at andvan since long, now dream came true on 25nov. we are there with my sister ,her husband & my friend. we want to stay there if we get accomodation. mycoleage VILAS MANOHAR RENDERING HIS SERVISE.

akash wasnik November 13, 2010 at 4:47 PM

it is very butiful place like heaven

Chhaya November 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Dear sir,

will u please send me address & contact no. of anandavan asharam.

Praful December 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Anandwan Postal Address:
Maharogi Sewa Samiti, Anandwan,
Tah: Warora, Dist Chandrapur. Maharashtra, India.
Pin 442014, Phone: 07176 – 282034.

vicky January 5, 2011 at 2:20 PM

plz give me address of baba amte’s anandwan.

Dr. Cajetan Coelho February 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Filled with gratitude as ever, today morning members and citizens of the large family of Anandwan observed the third anniversary of the passing away of Baba Amte. Floral tributes, prayers, devotional and patriotic songs, fellow feeling and camaraderie made the day special for the modest gathering at the tenderly looked after resting place of the late Murlidhar Devidas Amte.

The supreme success of the gigantic rehab and humanitarian expedition launched by Team Baba Amte way back in 1949 is reflected in the happy and contented faces of the citizens at Anandwan, Muktangan, Udhyog Bhavan, Sneh-Savli, Mitrangan, Gokul, Uttarayan, Mukti-Sadan, Krishi-Niketan, Sukh-Sadan, Yuvagram, Sandhi-Niketan, Vastigruhas for the blind, deaf, mute and orthopedically disabled, community kitchens, medical services, Salori, Masal, Khambada, Mulgavan, Ashokwan, Somnath, Shanti Sadan, Colony, Trupti Sadan, Shram-Niketan, Abhimanyu-Nagar, Nirmal-Niketan and at the Lok Biradari Prakalp of Hemelkasa in Bhamragarh and Nagepalli in Allapalli.

Surviving veteran warriors, conquerors and winners against leprosy, Shri Narayanrao Maraskhole, Shri Vithalrao Uskewar, Shri Ganpatrao Urkude, Shri Daryaji Diwan, now in their late eighties recall their fond memories of the challenging times with the dashing and colossal Baba Amte. With pride, joy and wonder in their eyes they talk of the twin Knit India or Bharat Jodo Nation building Expeditions from Kanyakumari to Kashmir and from Arunachal to Gujarat and the Missions for Dialogue, Peace and Reconciliation to the north and the Initiative for Justice among the tribal people threatened, dispossessed and displaced by agents, policies and programs of globalization and greed.

The once-upon-a-time-disabled but long back fully cured are looking after new fellow-disabled, perfecting methods and techniques of survival, emancipation, empowerment and service of the nation through their projects of agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, education, industrial production, health and hygiene, annual eye camps, leadership camps for rural youth, rain water harvesting, cottage industries, housing, health-related tourism ventures and the all round welfare of the tribal people of remote and interior Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Yavatmal districts.

Anandwan’s therapeutic orchestra “SwarAnandwan” the brainchild of the dynamic and creatively vigorous and inspiring Dr. Vikas Amte is nearing its 1000th public performance. The year 2010 was confidently rounded up on the front foot with musical performances to packed audiences in Parbhani, Hingoli, Barshi, Beed, Latur, Ambejogai, Parli and other towns of Maharashtra during the last ten days of December. Through song, dance, mimicry and music, SwarAnandwan is sensitizing and conscientizing Society of the able-bodied and the disabled – unfolding challenging methods of worldmaking and worldshaping.

“Confidence must rest in your wrists” was the oft-repeated inspiration filled slogan of the late Baba Amte. Thousands of men and women have gone home cured, trained and are productive, well integrated in their families, community and Society. Others with a vocation and a mission to serve fellow humans continue working with all their might providing training, inspiration, orientation and motivation to those fascinated by Anandwan’s meaningful, unique and exemplary way of proceeding, community making and nation building.

Rahul pawar February 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Sir, me engg. cha student ahe. Mazi anandvanat yeun milel te kam karnyachi khup echya ahe…plz mala tyasathi konala sampark sadhava lagel te sanga, me aaplya uttarachi vat pahat ahe… from- Rahul Pawar
A/P-Bavi, Tal.-Jamkhed, Dist.-Ahmednagar.
Contact no. 9579951388

surya February 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Salam sir,
What You are doing raeally heart touching. The self less drive initiated
by BABA for the society every person should step in.
I salute you once again.

Mrs.Reshma Amit Laad February 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM

To Aanandwan & Hemalkasas Every worker

Your work is Gods work. your realy very good peopels.
I think Every persons when look you they are understand meaning of leaving life
Best wishes for your work
salude for your work.

In marthi

Mohak fule fultat ,nakalat Sandesh Detat.
Aashech fulu de seva Bhav , hech sadichha.

siddu March 1, 2011 at 7:45 PM

i like so much baba amte ,when i studied about in puc .fruquently i want study about baba amte

sudhir pawar March 21, 2011 at 9:42 AM

anandvan is a temple . There Environment is to keep mind fresh

Suvarta March 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I want to become a volunteer of anadashram, please send the address of anadashram as early as possible. I am a research student at shivaji university, kolhapur. What is the procedure to join you? please send all details at my email address

Anonymous March 25, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Sorry by mistake i wrote anadashram instead of anandwan,

Suvarta March 26, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hello Sir,
please send the procedure to join anadwan ashram as a volunteer,and there address to come and how will i reach there, which route is suitable for me. Please send all the details.

Dr. Cajetan Coelho April 14, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Coutesy Loksatta :
नागपूर, २२ मार्च / प्रतिनिधी : महारोगी सेवा समितीचे श्रमसंस्कार शिबीर १५ मे पासून -
महारोग सेवा समितीतर्फे दरवर्षीप्रमाणे यावर्षी १५ ते २२ मे या दरम्यान सोमनाथ प्रकल्पावर श्रमसंस्कार छावनी शिबीर आयोजित करण्यात आले आहे. मध्यभारतातील स्वयंसेवी संस्था म्हणून महारोगी सेवा समितीची स्थापना १९४९ मध्ये ज्येष्ठ सामाजिक कार्यकर्ते बाबा आमटे यांनी केली. कुष्टरोग्यांचे आणि अपंगाचे मानसिक , सामाजिक व आर्थिक असे सर्वागीण पुनर्वसन करून त्यांना आत्मनिर्भर करणे समितीचे मुख्य ध्येय आहे. समाजाील दुर्लक्षित घटकांना रचनात्मक कामात सहभागी करून तसेच त्यांना आर्थिकदृष्टय़ा सक्षम करून, त्यांनी गमावलेला आत्मविश्वास पुन्हा मिळवून देण्याचा समितीचा प्रयत्न आहे.
महारोगी सेवा समितीचे पाच मुख्य प्रकल्प महाराष्ट्राच्या चंद्रपूर, गडचिरोली, नागपूर आणि यवतमाळ या जिल्ह्य़ात सुरू आहेत. या सर्व प्रकल्पात ३५०० बांधवाना आसरा दिलेला असून त्यामध्ये कुष्ठरोग, अंध, अपंग, मूक बधीर, ज्येष्ठ नागरिक, आदिवासी आदींचा समावेश आहे. या प्रकल्पापैकी एक प्रकल्प म्हणजे सोमनाथचा प्रकल्प. १९६७ मध्ये सोमनाथची स्थापना झाल्यानंतर हा प्रकल्प मनुष्यबळ प्रशिक्षणाचे केंद्र म्हणून ओळखला जातो. त्यामुळे भर उन्हाळ्यात मे महिन्यात देशभरातून हजारो युवक युवती श्रमसंस्कार छावनी शिबिरात सहभागी होतात. या श्रमसंस्कार छावनीत श्रमाचे महत्त्व पटवून देताना रोज चार तासाचे श्रमदान करून अन्यवेळी विविध तज्ज्ञांद्वारे विविध विषयांची माहिती दिली जाणार आहे. श्रमसंस्कार छावनीच्या माध्यमातून युवकांना सकात्मक कार्यसंस्कृतीची ओळख होते. राष्ट्रीय एकात्मता, सर्वधर्मसमभाव, पर्यावण संरक्षण आणि वैज्ञानिक दृष्टिकोन वाढील लागण्यास मदत होते. श्रमसंस्कार छावनीत सहभागी झालेल्या अनेक युवकांनी प्रेरणा घेऊन विविध ठिकाणी विधायक कामे केली आहेत. ज्यांना या श्रमसंस्कार छावनी शिबिरात सहभागी व्हायचे आहे, त्यांनी अधिक माहितीसाठी कौस्तुभ आमटे, सहायक सचिव, महारोगी सेवा समिती वरोरा, आनंदनवन, मोबाईल क्रमांक ९६८९८८८३८२, ९६५७८३१५५४ , ९०११०९४६१२ या ठिकाणी संपर्क साधावा. किंवा \

Dr. Cajetan Coelho May 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM

आनंदाचा स्वर
मंगळवार, ३ मे, २०११

प्रेक्षकांनी भरगच्च भरलेले नांदेडचे शंकरराव चव्हाण सभागृह…समाजात ज्याला जीवनातलं दु:ख समजलं जातं असे अंधत्त्व, अपंगत्त्व, मुकेपणा, कर्णबधीरता, कुष्ठरोग असूनही चेहर्यावर हास्य घेवून वावरणारे कलाकार…त्यांच्या भूतकाळातील वेदनेचे रूप प्रेक्षकांसमोर मांडतांना वर्तमानातील स्वाभिमानाविषयी केले जाणारे निवेदन… ज्या प्रकृतीचा हा खेळ आहे तीला आव्हान देत साकारणारा अप्रतिम कलाविष्कार… हे सर्व दृष्य पाहून त्या कलावंतांना हे रुप प्रदान करणार्या प्रकृतीच्या डोळ्यातही आनंदाश्रू तरळले असावेत…

निमित्त होते महाराष्ट्र राज्य स्थापनेच्या सुवर्ण महोत्सवी वर्षाच्या समारोप सोहळ्याचे. या सोहळ्यांतर्गत डॉ.बाबा आमटे संकल्पित व डॉ.विकासआमटे निर्मित ‘स्वरानंदवन’ या संगीतमय कार्यक्रमाचे आयोजन करण्यात आले होते. कार्यक्रमाचे उद्घाटन पालकमंत्री डी.पी.सावंत यांच्या हस्ते दीपप्रज्वलन आणि नटराज पूजनाने झाले. यावेळी महापौर अजयसिंह बिसेन, जिल्हाधिकारी डॉ. श्रीकर परदेशी, मुख्य कार्यकारी अधिकारी श्रावण हर्डीकर, डॉ.विकास आमटे, गझल नवाज भीमराव पांचाळे, अपर जिल्हाधिकारी अजय गुल्हाणे, सदाशिव ताजणे, डॉ.सोमनाथ रोडे आदी उपस्थित होते.

प्रकृतीवर प्रयत्नाने मात करण्याची प्रेरणा कार्यक्रमाच्या माध्यमातून मिळेल त्याचबरोबर असेच प्रेरक व्यक्तिमत्त्व असलेल्या बाबा आमटेंचं दर्शन या निमित्ताने घडेल, असा विश्वास याप्रसंगी पालकमंत्र्यांनी व्यक्त केला. कार्यक्रमामागची संकल्पना स्पष्ट करताना डॉ.आमटे यांनी कार्यक्रमामुळे अंध, अपंग, मुकबधीर, कुष्ठरोगी आणि अनाथांना जगण्याचा अधिकार मिळाल्याचे सांगितले. आनंदवनात कुटुंब, राजकीय पृष्ठभूमी आणि धर्म नाही असे सांगतांना ‘अन्न हे अध्यात्म व्हावं’, अशी अपेक्षा त्यांनी व्यक्त केली.

समाज प्रबोधनाचा विचार घेऊन देशभर जाणार्या डॉ.आमटे यांच्या शब्दातील ‘एकलव्य गुरुकुलातील’ आनंदवनाच्या १२५ ‘ब्रँड ऍम्बेसेडर्सनी’ संपूर्ण कार्यक्रमात आनंदाची उधळण केली. ग.दि.माडगूळकर यांच्या ‘यारे मिळुनी सारे, मुक्तांगणात यारे’ या गीताने कार्यक्रमाची सुरुवात झाली. सेवा कार्याची उर्मी असलेल्या ‘आनंद साधकांना’ आनंदवनाच्या मुक्तांगणात येण्याचे आवाहन उज्ज्वला हीच्या सुरेल स्वरांनी केले. त्यानंतर झालेल्या महाराष्ट्र गीताने सुवर्ण महोत्सवाच्या समारोपाची चांगली पार्श्वभूमी तयार केली. नटराजाची आराधना करणार्या बहारदार नृत्याला प्रेक्षकांचा भरभरून प्रतिसाद मिळाला.

माणूस अपंग असला तर जगू शकतो पण स्वाभिमानाशिवाय जगू शकत नाही हा संदेश देत या कलाकारांनी कार्यक्रमाची उत्तरोत्तर उंची वाढवीत नेली. हीच भावना मनाशी घेवून संतोष रामटेके यांने ‘ या जन्मावर या जगण्यावर शतदा प्रेम करावे’ हे गीत सादर केले. अंध कलाकारांनी सादर केलेल्या गरबा नृत्याने सर्वांना चकीत केले. नृत्य सादर करणार्या मुलींचा सुंदर पदन्यास आणि मंचावरील नियंत्रित हालचाली अचंबित करणार्या होत्या.

भावना आणि संवेदना ही हृदयाशी जोडलेली बाब आहे हे स्पष्ट करीत स्वरानंदवनाच्या गायकांनी आपल्या स्वरातून जीवनातील विविध भावभावनांचे दर्शन घडविले. अनेक नवीजुनी गीते या प्रतिभावान कलाकारांनी सादर केली. प्रत्येक सादरीकरण पाहतांना मनात प्रकृतीविषयी चीड होती तर दुसरीकडे कौतुक. या गुणवंतांना अपंगत्त्व का दिलं, या प्रश्नाचं उत्तर शोधतांना जीवनाशी कशी स्पर्धा करायची आणि नदीप्रमाणे आपला मार्ग कसा शोधायचा हे इतरांना शिकविण्यासाठी कदाचीत हा प्रपंच प्रकृतीने रचला असावा, असेही वाटले.

उमरावजान मधील ‘दिल चीज क्या है आप मेरी जान लिजीए’, ‘जुबा पे दर्द भरी दास्ता चली आयी’, ‘अजीब दास्ता है ये’, ‘कभी बेरुखी ने मारा’, ‘ मेरे सोना रे’, ‘अरे दिवानो’ अशी एकापेक्षा एक सरस गीते सादर करून या ‘आनंदयात्रींनी’ रसीकांना मनमुराद आनंद दिला. ‘जयोस्तुते’ हे समूहगान या चमूने तेवढय़ाच दमदार पध्दतीने सादर केले. वासुदेवने गजल नवाज पांचाळे यांच्यासमोर ‘अंदाज आरशाचा वाटे खरा असावा’ ही त्यांनी गायलेली गजल गात त्यांच्याकडून कौतुकाची थाप मिळविली.

कार्यक्रमाचे मुख्य आकर्षण ठरले ते २२ वर्षाच्या स्वप्नीलचा नृत्याविष्कार. ड्वार्फ (बुटका) असलेल्या सचिनने सादर केलेल्या नृत्याने धमाल केली. या नृत्यांना प्रेक्षकांचा भरभरून प्रतिसाद मिळाला. शास्त्रीय आणि पारंपरिक नृत्याचे विविध प्रकार अप्रतिमपणे सादर करण्यात आले. नटरंग चित्रपटातील शीर्षक गीतावर सादर केलेले नृत्य विशेष प्रभावी ठरले. त्याचबरोबर किरणकुमार यांची मिमिक्री, सुधीर आणि अमोल यांनी सादर काढलेल्या पशु, पक्षी, वाद्य यांच्या आवाजने प्रेक्षकांचे चांगले मनोरंजन केले. सर्व कलाकरांनी रॅम्प वाक करीत आनंदवननिर्मित वस्तूंची माहिती प्रस्तुत केली. सुधीर कदम यांच्या दमदार आवाजातील निवेदनाने कार्यक्रमाची रंगत वाढविली.

समारोप प्रसंगी ‘दान माणसाला दीन बनविते तेव्हा दान नको, नातं जोडा आणि सहभागी व्हा’ हे डॉ.आमटे यांनी केलेले आवाहन हृदयाला भिडणारे होते. ‘जोडो भारत’ चळवळीतील ‘भारत हमको प्यारा है’ आणि ‘वंदे मातरम्’ या समूहगीताने कार्यक्रमाची सांगता झाली.

इंटरनेट, सीडी आणि मॉल संस्कृतीच्या गजबजाटाच्या पार्श्वभूमीवर दमदार साऊंड सिस्टीममुळे जोराने कानावर आदळणारे कार्यक्रमातील स्वर मात्र हळूवारपणे हृदयापर्यंत जाऊन विसावत होते. ही चमत्कारीक शक्ती त्या सादरीकरणात होती. कदाचीत आनंदवनातील त्यांच्या वास्तव्याचा हा परिणाम असवा किंवा त्यांची निष्पाप वृत्ती…एक मात्र खरं की ‘ माणसाने असं जगावं की जगल्यासारखं वाटलं पाहिजे, इतरांसाठी झटतांना रक्त थोडं आटलं पाहिजे’ हा विचार या कार्यक्रमाने निश्चितपणे दिला. महाराष्ट्राच्या सुवर्ण महोत्सवी वर्षा निमित्त आयोजित सांस्कृतिक सोहळ्याचा समारोप असाचं अपेक्षित होता.

• डॉ.किरण मोघे

vaishali .s. wadte December 21, 2011 at 1:45 AM

I am interested in social work , but don’t know where to start from, heard lot about the anandvan and want to visit and see what exactly it is and want to participate in the anandvan and become memeber of it .

Naresh January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I am very impressed about this one i want to go there,please give me the adress

Dr. Cajetan Coelho February 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM

On this very day, four years ago, many of us bid farewell to our good friend, mentor and spiritual companion Baba Amte. As on previous occasions, this morning, numerous friends from far and near, well-wishers, Karyakartas and citizens of Anandwan assembled for the memorial service of Prarthana, Bhajans and a short discourse. Memories of Baba Amte’s vocation and mission were being reflected in those touching hymns sung by our Anandwan Choir.

For six long decades “service of faith in the goodness of each human being and promotion of justice” have been the twin-pillars of struggle and growth out here in Anandwan. The late Baba Amte and the Anandwan Parivar have collaborated in this challenging mission and erected this massive Prakalp for the emancipation and empowerment of citizens of Mother India.

“I shall pass through this world but once.
Any good therefore that I can do or any
kindness that I can show to any human
being, let me do it now… Let me not defer
or neglect it – for I shall not pass this way again”.

With gratitude to the Giver of life and provider of our daily requirements, citizens returned to their work spaces, offices and departments to carry on with their creativity for community-making and nation-building.

swapna yogesh chavan April 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I would like to visit anadvan

VENOO V V June 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I had the honour of serving Baba Amte and the colony in a village near Chandrapur in my hey days. I am talking of 1971-72 when an entire band of students from various parts of the country used to congregate during the summer holidays to do something good in our life. Life was wonderful, work in the bund till 8.00 am and then we are driven into rooms when the heat wave takes over. Bath is always fun when we all go to a spring within a clearing in the nearby forest area and with the monkeys watching us and we dunk inside the pool with our clothes on and it all dries up by the time we make it to the rooms.Evenings are always great with Baba Amte in our midst and programmes in the evenings.The residents also join us for the fun and frolic and we used to have a wonderful time.I always feel proud when I say that I had been with Baba Amte.Life teaches us a lot and this one taught me humility and how to be humane.I still cherish a visit to the great site sometime.

sukanta mahunta June 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hello sir,
i’m so depressed to know that you are not in the race for president of india this time as per your will.But why sir?
this corrupted nation needs your leadership.
Please sir take your decision back and be our president.i’ll be extremely happy if i see you as the 1st person of india.
Please sir its a request from all your fans.

priyanka July 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I’m surprised with you

renuragtah September 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I wish to volunteer my servicesc at Anandvan.I met Baba Amte at Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari.This was in 1986< during his Bharat Jodo campaign.Can someone send me the email id, where I can contact or enquire about info.

Dr. Cajetan Coelho November 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

“The SwarAnandwan Marathon has begun” says Dr. Vikas Amte, the tireless, selfless social entrepreneur and son of the legendary Baba Amte of Anandwan. Building communities imbued with love, concern, fellow feeling and solidarity are some of the themes that are dear to the hearts and minds of these gallant citizens of Anandwan.

Led by Vikas and Bharati, the 130 strong Anandwan history makers and their Allies are passing through the former Portuguese Enclave of Goa, crossing the mighty Western Ghats and performing on October 27, 28 and 29, then moving in Sahu Maharaj’s Kolhapur on October 31, in Pawar’s Baramati on November 1 and then will enter Thane-Mumbai-Dombivali triangle for five live performances at Kashinath Ghanekar Rangmanch and at the Gadkari Rangayatan.

The final leg will be in Pune, the cultural and educational capital of Maharashtra. In this historic city of the Peshwas, SwarAnandwan will display its rich repertoire from November 9 to November 11 mesmerising the culture loving Puneites at the Ganesh Kala-Krida.

“Show your strength not weakness” is the mantra of the much loved and respected nation-builders living in Anandwan. The modestly sized troupe is traveling with five vehicles carrying with them their customary glad tidings of comfort and joy. Worth taking this opportunity and coming to watch and savour the SwarAnandwan menu.

deepak pant January 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I didn’t know much about Baba Amte except that he had done great work for the Leprosy affected person. today only read an article on Baba in Hindi magazine Navneet Dec 12 issue. I was amazed !!! I wish to visit Baba’s karma bhumi Anand Van at the earliest.

vaishali January 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hi I want to visit the place and know more about Baba Amte
If possible also want to give my time for the good cause ,how can I do it please suggest

Dr. Cajetan Coelho February 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM

On the 9th of February denizens of Anandwan observed the 5th anniversary of the passing away of Baba Amte. At the picturesque Mokshadham, children, women and men assembled in large numbers to praise and thank the Giver of life for the gift of Baba Amte to the Anandwan Pariwar.

Countless men, women and children have experienced the healing touch of the Amtes, Baba and Sadhanatai during the last six decades. Anandwan has become the Alma Mater for many across the length and breadth of our country.

The work of education for emancipation, liberation, empowerment and nation-building is being carried forward under the dynamic leadership of the tireless Dr. Vikas Amte and his gallant band of selfless Karyakartas.

Nancy Jose Kumar March 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hello. I know a lady who was working as a domestic help mainly, concerned with looking after elderly ladies. Now she is about 64 years herself and wishes to retire and live in an old aged home. The idea of living in a place like Anand van highely appeals to her. Kindly let me know if the place has a provision for looking after her. She is able bodied and is healthy.

Neeraj April 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Wonderful pictures! It’s amazing the talent they have in Anandwan.. like Baba used to say, “Give them a chance, not charity!”

I wish to share with you my detailed essay (with photos) on my trip to Anandwan: