Thanks for visiting Capital Advisor. I frequently update this blog to cover various topics on personal finance such as investment strategies, financial products that you should buy and ones that you really should stay away from, financial calculators, emerging themes such as early retirement and financial independence, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.
Diabetes mellitus is a disease characterized by high blood glucose levels resulting from defects in insulin secretion or insulin action or both. Here are some facts:
- India tops the world with the largest number of detected diabetic subjects which is around 40 million
- Indians are genetically more prone to develop diabetes, irrespective of which part of the world we live, and fall under the high risk group
- Faulty lifestyle contributes to more than 50% of the risk for diabetes
- Studies have found that by lifestyle modification and by reducing excess weight, one can reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes significantly
- If you have a family history of diabetes, if you are overweight, if your waist measurement is high and if you don’t exercise regularly, please get your blood glucose checked at the earliest
- The need of the hour is PREVENTION
- Practice healthy habits such as balanced diet, regular physical activity, stress management, relaxation and yoga
- Say goodbye to junk foods and sedentary lifestyle if you want to keep diabetes away!
Thanks for reading this article. I'd love to hear your opinion. Please use the comments section below to share your thoughts. I frequently write new articles that also cover several other aspects of personal finance including credit cards, financial goals, health insurance, income tax, life insurance, mutual funds, retirement planning, and much more. You can Subscribe through Email and receive new articles directly in your Inbox or you can Subscribe through the RSS Feed and receive new articles in your feed reader.