KingFisher’s Customer Service

by Vinaya HS on September 18, 2006

in The Bangalore Blog,The Mumbai Blog,Travel

Recently, I had a problem with the online reservation system housed at KingFisher’s portal. My credit card was charged for transactions that were not, in reality, completed successfully. A chronological summary of the events follows.

August 15, 2006

1. Shocked to see a HUGE balance on the credit card
  2. Spoke to bank’s customer care who said only KingFisher could reverse the transactions
  3. Problem reported to KingFisher’s customer service centre with a follow-up email

August 18, 2006

Charges reverted! In two days flat. KingFisher had requested me to wait for about a week for the reversal. This is what I call “under-promise, but over-deliver.”

August 22, 2006

E-mail expressing my appreciation to the chairman.

This email comes with a warm smile from a very satisfied customer. KingFisher airlines represents the exuberance of today’s India. I still remember the day I first stepped on board a KingFisher flight. It was the moment I became a KingFisher customer for life. I have been an advocate ever since.

Recently, I had a problem with the online payment gateway that resulted in erroneous transactions being billed on my credit card. The professionalism shown by the call centre staff in resolving the problem is commendable.

I can’t wait for that day–and it’s not far away–when KingFisher would be the Number One airline in India. Please keep up the youthful spirit that is KingFisher.

Wait…wait…wait. Had my email received the Shift-Del treatment? Luckily, NO!

September 15, 2006

Response from KingFisher Guest Care.

Dear Vinaya

Thank you for your email of 22 August to our Chairman. We do apologise for the delay in our response.

We are concerned to learn about the problem you faced when attempting to make an online reservation and sincerely regret the excess amount charged to your credit card. On a more positive note, we are glad that the level of professionalism and assistance extended by our reservation staff helped mitigate the inconvenience caused to you and in resolving the matter. We have forwarded your words of appreciation to the staff member you have mentioned and thank you on her behalf.

We are all committed to ensuring that our guests do “Fly the Good Times” and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on our flights again.

Best Regards

Guest Commitment
Kingfisher Airlines

While the original problem was resolved real quick, the acknowledgement for the appreciation should have come much sooner. After all, how many customers take the pain to write?

Smiling Girl September 19, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Arey waah.. so this is what you were talking about the other day, is it?

Vinaya HS September 27, 2006 at 6:53 PM

@SG: Yep! But I didn’t get a free ticket yaar.

Kingfisher bullshit December 15, 2007 at 9:31 AM

No wonder Kingfisher is a bullshit airlines
The chairman only is an intoxicated drunkard wayward and better not to trust the same

Unhappy with Deccan/kingfisher September 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I had cancelled a ticket on 4th august 08 and till date am waiting for a refund, each time I speak to the customer service guys they say it will be done on monday/friday. 2 months have gone by without this refund being processed. I have tried reaching eshwar singh who happens to be the head of refunds, also sent him 3 mails, no reply till date, he doesnt pick up call or answers mails. i havent seen the height of unprofessionalism like this before.
Truly its the worst airline in the India.

Dr Ratnesh Kumar October 18, 2008 at 10:01 PM

National Institute For The orthopaedically handicapped
(Ministry of social Justice &Empowerment, GOI)
B.T.Road Bon Hooghly, Kolkata-700090
(Ph. 033-25310610/3232/1248 Fax-033-2531-8379 )
No. NIOH/Dir-Tr/08 Daed,18.10.08

Dr Ratnesh Kumar
Director Professor

Kingfisher Airlines,
UB Tower, Level 12,
UB City, 24, Vittal Mallya Road,
Bangalore – 560 001

Sub: Duplicate ticket in respect of Air Journey performed on 27th April,08.

Dear Sir

Undersigned performed an air journey by Kingfisher flight . The detailof journey is as below,

1. Guest Name – Mr R. Kumar
2. Date of Journey- 27th April,2008
3. Sector Onward Journey- Kolkata –Raipur ( Dep 7.15am) Flight No – &
Return journey- Raipur-Kolkata Flight No- IT2552 (seat no 8C)

The ticket for onward journey was purchased from Airport Kingfisher Counter while return ticket was from Raipur. The copy of boarding card for return journey available with me is enclosed for ready reference. Since I misplaced my above original ticket and the same ticket are urgently required to get reimbursement from the government.

In view of above, you are kindly requested to issue the duplicate document the said air journey (to and fro ) performed by King fisher flight.
Early reply will be solicited.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully

(Dr Ratnesh Kumar)

Dr Ratnesh Kumar October 18, 2008 at 10:04 PM

please take action on my request to issue duplicate ticket for journey performened Kolkata to raipur &back on 27.4.08. at the earliest.
Dr Ratnesh Kumar

Neha November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

i got a positive reponse….

see mail trail below :

Dear Ms. Mahyavanshi,

Thank you for your email of 28 October 2008. I am pleased to know that you have had pleasant experiences with the service and hospitality on your previous flights with Kingfisher Airlines, and that we were your first choice of airlines for your forthcoming holiday to Agatti.

However I am concerned to learn of your disappointment with the service of the Call Centre and the apparent delay in their responsiveness to guests. At Kingfisher Airlines, we strive to provide guests a service that is both prompt and efficient and I regret that your experience was otherwise.

Ms. Mahyavanshi, we have faced some issues at the Call Centre on account of an increase in the number of incoming calls and I regret that you were consequently inconvenienced. Your comments have been taken up with the team for necessary action, to ensure that guests are attended to promptly and have a truly world-class experience. The team was also instructed to contact you and assist you with your request and I hope you have heard from them by this time.

At Kingfisher Airlines, we are committed to maintaining and improving our standards of service delivery in all areas. I know, however, that our performance has to be constantly monitored at every level and I therefore truly appreciate your inputs as well as your business and support.

Thank you once again for writing to me; I look forward to the continued pleasure of welcoming you on Kingfisher Airlines, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Vijay Mallya,

Chairman and CEO

Kingfisher Airlines

A UB Group Company

“This message (including any attachments hereto) is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient and receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by replying to this message immediately. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. Kingfisher Airlines Limited and/or its affiliates/ subsidiaries/ employees are not liable for the improper transmission of this message nor any damage sustained as a result of this message.”

From: []
Sent: Tue 10/28/2008 12:41 PM
To: Chairman (
Subject: Reservation desk disconnecting calls

Dear Sir,

I have often seen you addressing the passengers on your airlines’ in-flight entertainment system and heard you say that if we have any complaints we should write to you directly. I never thought that I would need to do so as I have always found the service to be above expectations. However, today I have come across a not-so-pleasant experience and so I was pushed to the edge to write to you.

My family and I are planning a vacation to Lakshadweep and kingfisher was our first choice. I tried booking the tickets online, but since the Kochi-Agatti flight does not fly every day, I was getting the dates wrong. So I tried to contact the service help line on ‘080-41979797’ where I dutifully entered the right options to get the assistance of your personnel to book the tickets. However, instead of answering my call, the personnel are either hanging up on me (without even saying ‘hello’) or placing me on hold perpetually (again without saying ‘hello’) until my call gets disconnected. This was repeated four times, that is when I decided to write to you.

I have come to hear that you are now a five star airline. I truly believe you deserve that. However, my experience was not good today. It makes me reconsider my patronage for your airline. I do hope that you take appropriate action.

Neha Mahyavanshi

swapnil sahoo January 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM

i was going to my school but because of this airline i had to cacel my ticket and plan it the next day.
what the hell ?

Neeraj Pnndey January 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I m writing this letter not because i am upset or unhappy…..i do like KINGFISHER n its the best in INDIA….but today i really felt bad as i m there on BANGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and i saw some cabin crew of KINGFISHER there. They are hugging kissing security people,captain etc. They are in group of four…..!!!!! its really very looking bad please do teach them some manners i know that its there personal life but till you are not in uniform. They are just destroying your image and there colleuges

I hope you will take care of this matter….!!!
I’ll be waitingfor ur reply

Thanking you

dineshkumark June 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Kingfisher Airlines,
UB Tower, Level 12,
UB City, 24, Vittal Mallya Road,
Bangalore – 560 001

Sub: Duplicate ticket in respect of Air Journey performed on 03th May,2009.

Dear Sir

1. Guest Name – Mr .Dinesh kumar.K
2. Date of Journey- 3,May,2009
3. Sector Onward Journey- Bangalore –hyderabad( Dep 7.25am) Flight No 4817- &
Return journey on 10/5/2009- Hyderabad-Bangalore,Flight No- IT432

I have travelled in kingfisher Air line on the above dates ,I need duplicate ticket for claiming the
amount from my company.last week on 18/5/2009 I have send e-mail regarding to above subject
so far they have not replied.
Early reply will be solicited.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully

Anil Tripathi June 25, 2009 at 2:21 AM

24 June 2009

Dear Sir,

I am writing this email after very much disappointed with your airline service.

I had reservation from Indore to Delhi on 22-June-2009 by KINGFISHER AIRLINE Depart at 20:10 and Arrive Delhi at 21:50. It reach Delhi late by 3 hour at around 23:40 and by the time I collect the bag and reach the International airport I got late by 10 minute by gate closing time for Air India flight to Frankfurt- New York at 1:10 and missed the flight.

Even though I mentioned at Indore Airport and inside the Aircraft about getting late for International flight at Delhi but nothing was done.

Once I reached the Delhi Domestic terminal I mentioned about my problem to your staff about getting late in connection and need some personal help to expedite the baggage claim and transportation to international airport. I was told that your airline have counter in International airport and would help me in case I missed the flight.

I took the private taxi to reach the Air India counter on International airport and gate was close by 10 minutes (24:10). So I asked Air India counter supervisor to re-booking the flight with other airline and they told me to contact Kingfisher for the same because this delay was caused by Kingfisher airline and not by Air India.

I approached to Information desk and they contact to Kingfisher staff at departure terminal but no one willing to talk on phone or come personally to help me. They also tried to contact the domestic airport Kingfisher supervisor for the same but no help was given.

I had no option then buying another one way ticket with different airline for Rs. 33927 (EITHAD Airline) EY211/EY101 to New York.

If I would have given some help from Kingfisher Staff to resolve the issue with Air India staff about paying penalty and difference in fare for rebooking the flight on next day would saved me lot’s of money.

Your staff should always try and find me the next available flight. And it’s a shame that your staffs weren’t able to re-protect me onto any other flight. Its look like your staff is not trained to be as helpful and friendly as possible. I would expect some one from your staff to make judgment call to resolve this matter on spot.

I would expect from your airline to reimburse me Rs33927 for the amount I paid due to late in arrival of your airline at Delhi Domestic airport.

I am also sending you copy of ticket details.

Kind regards
Anil Tripathi

vishalkichloo July 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I want a travel certificate as I have lost my boarding pass. I travelled by IT 3654 V from delhi to jammu on 31 May 2009. My brother was allotted seat No 14 with PNR No GKTBGP. Please send this certifacte on my above e mail address as i need it urgently.

Pratibha Rao October 5, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Dear sir,
I booked my guest on Kingfisher flight IT 605 from Mumbai to Chandigarh on 23rd Sept 2009 & the return on 26th sept on IT 600 Chandigarh to mumbai. When my guest checked the flight status he was shocked to find that both the flights had been cancelled. He called me frantically from London. He was to attend a conference in Chandigarh.
After making umpteen calls back & forth we managed to get him a flight from Mumbai to Delhi …on another airline… from where he took a taxi to reach Chandigarh in time for the conference. Also i had to buy another tkt ..Delhi Bangalore.Due to all these changes i had to pay Rs4434 /- as net expenditure
Considering all the inconvenience & expense caused to me & my guest I would like the airline to reimburse the above amount which i have pd to the travel agent..Travel Tours of Bangalore.
Also i would like to bring it to ur attention that the airline did not inform the passenger or me re the cancellation of the flights.
I would appreciate an early solution & a quick reimbursement of the extra money i had to shell out not including umpteen international calls i had to make to get my guest the flight required by him in order to reach Chandigarh in time for the conference

Paresh Dawkhare November 26, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I want traval confirmation mail /Cirtificate from airlines for the traval,
I booked the ticket for Jet Airways and this flight was canceled due to agitation of pilot and passangers are moved to kingfisher airlines, JetAirways ticket information is as below
from pune to chennai on date 08-sept-09 flight no 2352 and ticket numer =4798822721 and airline number=BEJIVK and IATA number=14363904 and
date of issue=06-sept-09.
Please send me the traval confirmation mail/Certificate ASAP .I need this document urgently.

-Paresh Dawkhare

neha February 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Hi my friend has a booking on IT 30 from singapore mumbai flight today. I am not with her and even her fne going off. Dnt knw wot to do can i check from anywhere if her journey been performed or no.. Has she boarded the flight. Kindly lemme know asap. Her PNR is MCWQOO , name JAIN.

Boboihte K Nunthuk January 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Dear kingfishers member

I went to crop my Girlfriend to the Bangalore International Airport on the 9th January 2012 at 10:05am Departure. unexpectedly, we received a poor customer service from the Guestcare, that we were exactly 45mins.before the departure timing i.e. 9:20am but there are few people in queue. We waited for about 5-10mins. So when we talked the person on duty, he refuse to give us the ticket because the ticket was on Buddy’s. Since that was the first time to travel on Kingfisher Flight with excitement But the response given to us was not satisfaction. If you keep employing such type of employee to the company it will results in losing customer. Besides, i won’t suggest any of my friends to Board Kingfisher Airlines. Also, the staff on duty didn’t give us any information on refund or re-scheduling of the flight. We don’t mind paying extra for the next flight but there were no suggestion given by him. We call up the Customer care regarding the Refund, We were given the address of the CTO bangalore. There we could solved the matter with the help of the Customer Assistant. Due to the staff working on the day of the Deparure, She was made to detain for 2days with an extra expense.
Kindly take appropriate action against the concern person on the 9th of January 2012 at 9:00am to 10:05am.

I would not want anyone to face the same problem that i have faced.