Where to drink sugarcane juice in Bangalore?

by Vinaya HS on February 16, 2006

in The Bangalore Blog

If you like fresh sugarcane juice as much as I do, then you won’t regret sipping a cup or two at Sri Sumukha Sugarcane Juice Center in Jayanagar 4th Block. At eight rupees a cup, heaven couldn’t have been cheaper. The best part about this place is the owner’s obsession for cleanliness and hygiene. It’s one-hundred percent spic and span. Watching the sugarcanes – with lemons in between them – being squeezed through the machine stirs up an orgasmic desire for this delicious nectar. I’m really not kidding about this fact. Drink a cup and you will remember me throughout your life!

Enough of the emotions. I’ll tell you how to get there?

If you know the area around the Jayanagar Shopping Complex well, here’s a shortcut. Hit the street that houses Lawrence and Mayo. Keep walking down the road and you’ll find the juice center to your left. For the rest of my audience here’s the official address:

Sri Sumukha Sugarcane Juice Center
29th A Cross
Jayanagar 4th Block (Behind the Shopping Complex)
Bangalore

I hope to have a picture of this shop soon. And, if when you do drink a cup don’t forget to tell me about it.

Raj February 16, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Okay, will try and let you know :)

Altho going so far for just a glass of sugarcane juice is a little dumb

Girish February 16, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Hi Vinaya,
Nice blog…
I have tried the sugar cane juice once there…
It’s yummy…
Also the place is very clean…
Regards,
Girish

Anonymous February 17, 2006 at 3:43 AM

aaha there you go. na heldre baro sugarcane juice kudyona antha…………….. anyway ‘ll be there in about a month’s time, we can go to that place.

Anoop February 20, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Hmmm.. i pay 1.50 dollars here for a sugarcane juice..let me go there with u the next time wen i come 2 india..hope we dont miss each other next time..strange choices do i really make in my life!!!!!

raja March 3, 2006 at 4:32 PM

Vinaya,
Sugarcane juice has chloropyl (spelling incorrect) which is an antioxidant. Good for proteting one from cancer. So is wheat grass juice but that is not so tasty.

I will try if I have to go there.

-Raja

Vinay Chegu March 29, 2006 at 8:32 PM

Hello All,

Please also try out this Sugarcane Juice Center on Double Road called Sri Shakti Sugarcane Juice. After tasting it I bet it tastes better than Jayanagar’s one.
After VGP and a Pai hotel (Now new one) one forelong U get to see this place.

Vinay

Joel L May 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Hey theres a franchise called cane-o-la which has several outlets in bangalore from what i’m told. The one that i’m aware of is on bull temple road, basavangudi that is very close to the BASE tuitions building.
If cleanliness is your main consideration then this place is the one to go to. They have about two electronic sugarcane juice making machines that look like this http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10944364/Sugarcane_Juice_Extractor.jpg

Also, there’s a choice of something like 6 flavours (mint, lemon, salt and pepper, classic, and ginger. I’m not too sure about this, can’t remember exactly but it’s along these lines) Besides that, the ice cubes that they use are made from water that’s purified by reverse osmosis so it’s super clean.

Enjoy.

visitor April 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM

And there is also Cane Fresh (man, is there a lot of competition in this domain or what!). But i think, competition is healthy and ultimately ensures that only the best survives. For the couple of times i have been here the experience has been good. But can improve more. Also search for all locations of CF, for something near you. Enjoy, maadi!

visitor April 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM

sorry, something funny with the link above. Here it is now, in simpler formatting.

Rohit May 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hey i read all the above comments made by various sugarcane juice lovers.
I m Rohit from Mumbai planing to take up a franchise of one of these Sugarcane Juice Vendor.
After reading these comments i got to know that there are various such vendors like CaneFresh, Cane-O-La, etc. So needed some suggestions on the same that is which vendors franchise to take up, what is the cost of taking a franchise, do they provide in Mumbai, etc.
Hoping some positive response from u people.