How to cancel your AirTel mobile connection?

by Vinaya HS on February 16, 2006

in General Stuff

1. Print a letter using this template
  2. Take a photocopy of your latest mobile bill
  3. Staple the two sheets
  4. Go to the nearest AirTel customer care office
  5. Submit

What was the motivation behind this article?

I have been paying my AirTel mobile bills through ECS facility from the past two years. There has never been a late payment, ever. Because I will no longer have the savings account that is linked to the ECS facility, I approached AirTel to get it canceled. Imagine my shock when the customer representative coolly said, “Sir, we will charge you five-hundred rupees for that.” My mind blanked for a few seconds. Five-hundred rupees to cancel! The customer rep further went on to say that the five-hundred rupees would be taken as a security deposit, and which could be adjusted against future bills. I had had enough. I told him “No, thank you. I will cancel my connection. Could you please tell me the procedure to do that?”

And today, I have it canceled.

Anonymous December 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

To, Dec 2, 2012
Airtel customer care
Ghaziabad
Sub: Cancellation of AirTel subscription

Ref: Mobile No. 919717733059

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is a humble request to deactivate my AirTel cellular connection No.919717733059 postpaid sim. All dues (full & final) were paid in cash Rs 949 in the month of october’2012. customer care assured that the post paid connection has deactivated. I surprise to see next bill of Rs 147.
Kindly do the needful and oblige.
Thanking You,
sandeep hashia.

pl, arrange to deactivate [terminate ] postpaid mob connection no. 9650296580 wwith immediate effect. dues if any will be paid on advising of current dues. earlier dues paid up to date. pl. intmate on e mail. March 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM

on my Email as given above . Thanks n regards.
L N PARIHAR

Vishnu Trivedi March 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I have been customer of Airtel Company last 5 year. It is a humble request to deactivate my CUG AirTel cellular connection No.9001793214 postpaid sim. All dues (full & final) were paid in cash Rs 1638 (With 250 security amount) in the month of December 2012. After that I am not using the same connection customer care assured that the post paid connection has deactivated. I surprise to see next bill of Rs something amount.

Kindly do the needful and oblige.

Thanking You,

Vishnu Trivedi

valluri Rajababu March 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Cancellation of AirTel subscription
Dear sir /Madam

I have been paying my AirTel mobile no 770223511 post paid bills through ECS facility from the past two years. There has never been a late payment, ever. Because I will no longer have the savings account that is linked to the ECS facility, I will be approached AirTel office in gajuwaka vsp to get it canceled today
Kindly do the needful and oblige.
VRajababu
AirTel mobile no 770223511 post paid

valluri Rajababu March 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Cancellation of AirTel subscription
Dear sir /Madam

Sub:Cancellation of AirTel subscription
Dear sir /Madam,

I have been paying my AirTel mobile no 7702235111 post paid bills through ECS facility from the past two years. There has never been a late payment, ever. Because I will no longer have the savings account that is linked to the ECS facility, I will be approached AirTel office in gajuwaka vsp to get it canceled today
Kindly do the needful and oblige.
VRajababu
AirTel mobile no 7702235111 post paid

CHANDRA SEKHAR June 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

DRAR SIR

I WANT TO CANCEL MY NUNBER

Rangaswamy Y C May 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I am not happy with ur services disturbing frequently and levy hidden charges

Rangaswamy Y C May 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Pl immediately close my post paid mobile 7738693222

CHANDRA SEKHAR June 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM

DEAR SIR

IAM YOUR CUSTOMER
CANCEL TO NUMBER
MOBILE NO 8019884104

ravi choudhary July 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

pl, arrange to deactivate [terminate ] postpaid mob connection no. 8146053093 wwith immediate effect. dues if any will be paid on advising of current dues. earlier dues paid up to date. pl. intmate on e mail. 29.07.2013

ravi choudhary July 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM

pl, arrange to deactivate [terminate ] postpaid mob connection no. 8146053093 with immediate effect. dues if any will be paid on advising of current dues. earlier dues paid up to date. pl. intmate on e mail. July 29 2013

pavithraconstructions. August 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM

pls, cancell my airtel post paid no 9600004181. because of in conveyance the final payment details to be sent via E-mail. this number is under company name. wat are the procedure . can u sent detail reply……pls intimate on e-mail

Varsha Bandgar August 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Hello Sir/Madam,
I want to deactivatemay airtel postpaid connection.
My number is-7709266655