Top Gear Magazine in India

by Vinaya HS on August 19, 2005

in Public Service Ads,The Bangalore Blog

From the Bangalore edition of The Economic Times:

Top Gear’s Indian edition launched
Our Mumbai Bureau 18 AUGUST

TOPGEAR, an internationally renowned automobile magazine, was launched in Mumbai recently, the latest entrant in India’s burgeoning automobile press industry. The second automobile magazine to be launched this year, TopGear promises a more lifestyle and enthusiast-oriented look into the motoring world.

TopGear, which started out as a BBC television show in the UK in 1989, was soon translated into magazine form in 1993. It’s particularly well known for its lifestyle look, and the cheeky use of language and often unflattering reviews of cars and bikes. TopGear writers like James May and especially Jeremy Clarkson are cult figures in the motoring world, and are practically industries unto themselves, launching scores of high-performance videos each year.

Now, TopGear is in India, courtesy Worldwide Media, a JV between BBC and the Times Group. Editions of TopGear are sold in 10 countries, but the Indian one is the first to feature local content, generated by an all-Indian team. Expectations are high: the UK edition is a market leader there, and the title has a worldwide readership of 1.5 million; along with television viewership, which makes it arguably the world’s largest automotive title.

On the occasion of the launch Vineet Jain, Chairman WWM said, “Top Gear — the world’s leading auto title — is here in India, a step up in Indian auto journalism and spirit. It’s here with a promise to bring you the best stories and the most exciting cars, and a fresh, unique look into the world of motoring.”

Ian Watson, Director WWM, said, “We are very excited about the launch of our flagship brand, BBC TopGear magazine in India. Given the huge potential of the Indian market — especially the fact that India is currently the fastest growing car market in the world — combined with the strength of India’s largest media house, we are confident that the Indian edition of TopGear magazine will be a resounding success.”

kiran September 4, 2005 at 1:18 AM

when it will out what about the price!

Vinaya HS September 5, 2005 at 6:27 PM

It’s already out. The inaugaural issue was priced at INR 60/- on the news-stands. There was a special give-away (INR 40/-) at the Forum Mall some time back. It’s a great magazine. You can find probably find it at the local newspaper wala.

Sunil Nalavade September 18, 2005 at 9:46 AM

Hi

Do they have a website?

Thanks
Sunil

Vinaya HS September 19, 2005 at 7:09 PM

I don’t think they have one yet. I will let you know as soon as I have some information.

vikram June 23, 2006 at 9:11 AM

I want to subscribe to TOPGEAR INDIA. Where should Icontact? Thanks. Vikram

Sutirtho September 13, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Check indiatimes website

Mouli April 24, 2007 at 11:24 AM

I subscribed to TOP GEAR on 13-03-2007 and sent a payment for a year and i still havent got my first issue. its 24-04-2007 today.. Could someone help me by giving a contact number of their office in mumbai?

S. PADMANABHAN May 25, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Apr 24th, 2007 at 11:24 am

MAY 25th, 2007 at 11:24 am

Reply to the above Query

“Subscriptions Rmd”

To

The Subsrciption Manager
Subscription Renewal
Top Gear Subscription (Renewal) Offer
RMD (M) Department
Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
The Times of India Building
Dr. D.N. Road
Mumbai – 400 001.

The above address takes care of the Subscriptions in India. In fact they are prompt. The mode of payment has to be indicated. Reply will be given also thru their e-Mail address

SOUNDARAM PADMANABHAN May 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM

The Magazine is very interesting with inputs from various
sources.

Quality, content, design and presentation – Good.

A Magazine worth the money!

SOUNDARAM PADMANABHAN May 25, 2007 at 5:03 PM

For details of TOP GEAR INDIA EDITION CONTACT

Bhavesh Thaker,
Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd,
RMD (Magazines),
The Times of India Building,
Dr.D.N.Road,
Mumbai – 400 001.
Phone : 022 – 22731122.
E-mail : subscriptions.rmd@timesgroup.com (for other magazines)
economist@timesgroup.com (only for economist)

Anonymous May 26, 2007 at 6:55 AM

Bhavesh Thaker,
Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd,
RMD (Magazines),
The Times of India Building,
Dr.D.N.Road,
Mumbai – 400 001.
Phone : 022 – 22731122.
E-mail : subscriptions.rmd@timesgroup.com

Dr. Azim A. Patrawala CID no. 85289 October 14, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Not received Oct 07 issue of topgear. Please send the same.Thank you.

Anonymous December 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM

HOW DO I CHANGE MY ADRESS … HELP

Niraj January 13, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Kindly send me email id of Mr. Gautam Sen – Editor Top Gear

Niraj January 13, 2008 at 11:21 PM

email id of Mr. Gautam Sen editor top gear

Niraj January 13, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Plz send me the email id of Mr.Gautam Sen Editor Top Gear

manu yadav October 5, 2008 at 2:16 PM

do the top gear maz has any office in new delhi ? very short Bentley car company is going to launch their new Car model in india.

top gear is invited to cover the launch of Bentely at hotel inter continental,the grand, CP , new delhi on 10th oct 2008 at sharp 1 PM.

for Bentley

Manu yadav
manu4manu2000@gmail.com

N.C. Ramanathan November 19, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I want to subscribe for Top gear magazine. Please let me know whom I have to contact. My mobile no is +919440114033

Thanks

Ramanathan

Sam J Katrak February 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I have subscribed your magazine for my residance and office. The issue comes out in the market and almost after 17 days thereafter i receive the copy. This is mos t unsatisfatory
Please respond and advise your contact number

sunil February 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM

i have suscribed to top gear about three months back havent got copy also gift is not come what is happening please report …………….

Rohith I April 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM

You guys are rocking. But just one thing that bugs me is whether the Yamaha YZF R1 is worth 1000K or just 100k. You guys dont seem to correct it since it was released. Same is the case for its MT01.Please rectify it because it bothers my friend who wants to buy one.

Jiaz B Ahmed September 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM

sir, i have subscribed top fear for 12 months since june 2009. i hav received only 2 issue of june and aug 09. july and sep 09 i ve nt received, i am not sure that it has not been despatched or misplaced or someone else took it as i am staying in a flat. so i request you to give me the proper proceedings to change my mailing address, so that i may not miss the next issues onwards. please do the needful as early as possible.
yours truly
Jiaz B Ahmed
09446067701

Parthiv S. Mistry January 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that the magazine for the month of December 2010 has not received by me so far. My Account No. is 00111849. which is for three year subscription fro 07/2008 to 06/2011.

Thanks,

Parthiv Mistry

B.VIJENDRA RAO March 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM

My subscription to TOPGEAR [ID: 25720341] expired by JUNE,2010.Later I’ve resubscribed on 03-02-2011 by arranging payment through my SCB Credit card.My credit card statement shows that payment has been cleared. As such I request you to kindly arrange despatch TOPGEAR along with the gift DVDs at the earliest. B.VJENDRA RAO , 276 , NARAYANAPURAM CLY.,PORANKI,VIA VJAYAWADA 521 137 ; AP.

Parthiv Mistry June 29, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Dear Sir,
As you are aware, that since Dec, 2010, every month I am having delivery of TopGear magazine at my residence, even now also i have reminded several times for June 2011 issue but no use. When I complaint for June, 2011 issue I have been given to understand that the subscription got over by May, 2011 where as your letter with me very clearly indicates that the last issue should be of June, 2011. because of such discripancy i am unable to renew subscription for further period of three yeasrs. My Customer I.D. No. 25749197.
Kindly look in to it and send June 2011 subscription at the earliest.

Regds,